How to draft the best cover letter for applying to internship programs?
If you have to impress someone, you need to do it in the first instance. With that said, you need to create an impression in the mind of the recruiter about you. Are you aspiring for applying for an internship program? The first move you need to take in this instance is to draft a quality cover letter that will get you an edge over other applicants. You can find out sample cover letter for internship, doing some online research.
Key things that you need to keep in mind while drafting the cover letter
- Accentuate your educational qualification. Not only for interns, educational qualification is the prime point to attract the attention of the hiring manager. While applying for an internship program, as you may not have sufficient work experience, let your educational qualification cover up the shortcoming.
- Mention the skills and competencies that you have acquired from your course that makes you suitable for an opportunity for the internship.
- Narrate your career goals and objective and state the ways the participation in the internship program will enable you to accomplish those goals.
- Explain what you know about the company. Sound naturally to express your excitement for getting a chance for working with the concerned company.
- Mention the details of the internship programs that you have attended (if any)
Remember, you need to uphold your potential as a candidate while writing the cover letter to apply for the internship program with any organization. You can refer to the sample cover letter for internship and personalize the template to form a suitable cover letter to serve your purpose.
A model cover letter for interns
Your Postal Address
Your Telephone Number
Your Email Address
Mr/Ms./Mrs XXX (Full Name)
Dear Mr/Ms./Mrs XXX (Last name),
I am presently undergoing XXXXX (mention about the course) from XXXX (institute’s name) and am about to get my degree in XXXX (state the tentative time for receiving the result).
On completion of my course, I am looking forward to become a part of such an organization, wherein I will get the chance to utilize my knowledge and would get the adequate chances to brush my natural skills and abilities as well as gather real-time experience by executing the fundamentals and principles that I learnt during my course.
It will be relevant to state that I have participated in an internship program with XXXX (state the name of the organization/s), wherein I got exposure on areas like:
(State a few areas that you worked upon in the course of the internship program)
I am of the believe that should you allow me a chance to participate in your internship program, it will extend me the best chances to develop skills and expertise that will assist me to accomplish my career objective and goals.
I am looking forward to the meeting with you wherein we can discuss more about the internship program as well as discussing my career objectives and goals with you.