Competency based interviews are also known as structured or behavioral interviews. This type of interviews mainly focused on the individuals abilities to relate learning experiences or in other words these interviews are used to evaluate the candidates competence. Here interviewers will give a situation and ask questions that require candidates to demonstrate how they will handle the situation . During an interview you have to describe your behavioral and actions in a specific circumstances. Competency based interviews are the best and quick way to find the attitude and mind set of the candidates who applied for the job.
Here are some of the important points you have to remember while preparing for the competency interview.
1) Shake your hand with confidence and introduce yourself with smile.
2) Be polite. your answers should be concise and to the point.
3) Never confuse while answering to the questions. because if you are not sure, it will imply that
you are not interested.
4) Try to speak fluently and having good communication skills.
5) Don’t try to put blame on others or complain about anything.
6) Do not become aggressive and behave like a professional.
7) If you have any past experience inform the manager about the steps you took as an individual and as a team to solve the problem and tell about the success you experienced .