Plastic surgery has long been used by Hollywood celebrities, again actresses and socialites. Over the years, as surgery became more acceptable, it started becoming common in cities all across the country with ordinary people having eye lift surgery procedures. Plastic surgery has now entered the technological era with the advent of smart phone apps that make the thought of plastic surgery more entertaining and more tempting.
Many surgeons now see iPhone apps as an innovative, affordable way to reach out to more patients and become the resource for useful plastic surgery information and tools.
Some of really nice iphone apps for plastic surgery
1. ModYourBod:Mod Your Bod by Ivy Plastic Surgeons is a visualization tool. Photos can be taken and modified to simulate surgery. You can even send the images to a plastic surgeon to let them know exactly how you want the changes to be.
2. iLipo :iLipo by Artistocrat Plastic Surgery lets you meet a “slimmer” version of yourself. Like Mod Your Bod, you see the effects of your surgery. Virtual consultations with the practice are available.
3. The Plastic Show: Before and After Plastic Surgery brings together YouTube videos and other information on plastic surgery Patients. By comparing appearances, one can ask whether surgery is necessary. A great reality check if you’re getting obsessed. Many types of surgery are covered, including ultrasonic liposuction.
4. Dr. Meger:Dr. Meger is a good example of an app built by a surgeon looking to expand his practice. This app gives basic information about procedures including tummy tucks, facial liposuction, and more. Users can be connected with Dr. Merger.
5. RealSelf:RealSelf lets users decide whether or not the plastic surgery done on other people was “worth it.” A wealth of comparative information. Included are tummy tucks, rhinoplasty, ultrasonic liposuction and more – based on real user uploads.
6. FaceShifter:FaceShifter Free allows you to swap new facial features in and out of your appearance. Save photos and share them with friends. It features a clear and easy interface to demonstrate facial liposuction.
7. BodyPlastika:BodyPlastika has a sophisticated twist, modifying the “plastic” nature of the body to highlight ripple-effects from changes. Areas on the face and body can be molded to simulate liposuction, and images can be shared via email, Facebook or Twitter. Advanced graphics enhance the experience.
8 . Cosmetic Plastic Surgery:Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is an iPhone app for anyone seeking liposuction or plastic surgery should consult. This powerhouse of information gives rankings and contact data for multiple surgeons across America. It’s backed by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
9. Scalpel:Scalpel Plastic Surgeon Edition is a professional tool for surgeons. Patients may enjoy learning about the calculations and metrics involved in their surgery. The app offers access to information used by professionals, and is for advanced users only.
10. Plastic Surgery:Plastic Surgery is similar in its educational intent. Flash cards teach the user about surgery, including what to expect with different procedures. A great guide for surgeons in training and curious potential patients!
11. iAugment : Patients considering breast augmentation can use this app to access vast amounts of information and resources on the topic. This app this provides a comprehensive overview of breast surgery while also educating users about procedures and recovery methods. Users can also upload and modify pictures to see simulated “Before and After” results.
12. BuildMyBod : Users curious about the cost of a wide range of procedures can review a detailed estimate of the procedure they are considering, including listings of plastic surgeons in their local area.
While mobile apps are fun, there is still no substitute for discussing your options with your plastic surgeon. Many surgeons uses Vectra 3D technology during his in-office consultations to provide patients a preview to their new look with precision.