There are some other ways to get traffic also other than SEO.
Here’s my top 8 ways to promote your website with out relying much on SEO and PPC.
Well this is for those who are really not interested in SEO and just want fast traffic for short duration. Example you host a website for a season or for a 3-4 months time, say for elections 2010, cricket world cup 2010. These websites have value for that time period only and it doesn’t make much sense to spend much on SEO for these websites. Social Media marketing and PPC will be ideal for these websites.
1. Twitter – Create few twitter accounts and start following many people belonging to similar category or demography. Tweet sensibly and don’t spam. You can get lot of traffic from twitter.
2. Blogging – You can meet many interesting people by blogging. Start blogging. Write good content and tell about your website and try to meet or interact with other bloggers.
3. Youtube – Start using YouTube. Upload your website videos, if your site don’t have, then create some videos by combining images or use slide show. There are plenty of tools available.
4. Social networks – Join social networks. Be active in social networks like facebook, orkut , ryze , linked in. You can get lot of traffic from these social networking websites.
5. Free Ads/Classifieds – Post in free classified websites like craigslist, kijiji . I know there are plenty in internet for specific demography also.
6. Questions and Answers services – be active in major question and answers services like partnerup , yahoo.
7. Social Bookmarking – Submit your website to all major social bookmarking websites like digg, delicious, reditt .
8. Forums – Participate in discussions, add your valuable inputs and be active in good forums like digitalpoint. You can keep your website link in your signature
Article publié pour la première fois le 08/03/2010