Article publié pour la première fois le 13/04/2011
SEO guide is meant for everyone from seo noobs to seo professionals. You can use this seo guide to optimize your pages so that they rank high in Google search engine. Optimization doesn’t mean that you are doing something for just improving your rank in Google, but it also improves your website in terms of standards and performance.
Let me divide this seo guide into few levels based on priorities:
Level 1 SEO:
* Keyword selection: This is the most important and crucial part of SEO. You can refer Google’s keyword suggestion tool to find best keyword for your website. It should have low competition and high traffic and which your customers might be searching for.
* Your page name or website name: Many times, your website URL will not have your keywords, but that’s fine, you can have your keyword in your page name.
www.yourkeyword.com (best) , www.yourbusiness.com/yourkeywords.html (better)
* Tags: Your keyword has to be in your html title tag. This is very crucial. Apart from title tags, have your keywords in meta tags , image tags and h1/h2 tags.
* Density: It is good if you have 2-5% keyword density. In other words, it is good if you have repetition for your keywords 2-3 times in your web page.
This is all for level 1 or basic of on page SEO. You are in good position after completion of this section.
Now let’s move ahead to next stage.
Level 2 SEO :
* URL improvements : If possible have all static urls and no dynamic urls. For ex: you can convert this dynamic url (www.websitename.com/state.php?state=Alaska) to static url like www.websitename.com/states/Alaska
Use the directory structure and you can easily convert these urls to static one using .htaccess file
* Sitemap and robots.txt : create these files and upload in your root folder. Sitemap.xml will tell Google about all urls of the website and robots.txt will tell Google about which folders to crawl and which not to crawl. It is also good if you have html sitemap also
* Wtiting SEO content: This is goanna play a big role now. Make sure keywords appear before any ‘fluf’.
Bad SEO Content: I am writing this seo guide to help webmasters.
Good SEO Content: SEO guide is written for webmasters.
This all again depends on your content and make sure that it goes with the flow.
It is good if you have your keyword in starting position as it gives more value.Other ways of giving value to your keywords is highlighting it.
* Inter linking pages: Now you can also link to other pages of your website. Here, you can use keywords for linking.
content content <a href=”page2,html” title=”page2keyword”>page2keyword</a> content
I will be updating this guide with more advanced SEO Levels soon.
Don’t miss some proven SEO techniques of Zeustek. Zeustek Technologies is now having a proven track record of getting all of its clients in top ranking position. References by email…
Article publié pour la première fois le 24/02/2011