Resume sample for Court Reporter
Your Full Name
Sender’s Mailing Address
Sender’s Phone Numbers
Sender’s Email Address
- Result oriented court reporter with 5+ years of experience.
- Successful track record of handling court matters utilizing computer-aided technology and stenographic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet transcription deadlines.
- Articulate and persuasive in creating and maintaining a precise record of proceedings and providing clerical secretarial support to the judicial officer.
- A diplomatic individual who is recognized for handling the situation effectively when court proceedings become emotional or volatile.
- Courtroom processes and ethics.
- Legal terminology and procedures.
- Computer equipment and software.
- Confidential information maintenance.
- Shorthand 200 words per minute.
- Courtroom transcription creation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Typed or prepared 100 judicial documents in a single day.
- Promoted from court apprentice to court reporter with in few months of joining following excellence in learning about the legal system and performing duties akin to clerkship and transcription.
- Redesigned and implemented a more effective record systems keeping in mind accuracy and confidentially.
City of Henderson, Henderson, NV
Court reporter / Assistant court report manager
Assigned to over 55 administrative and judicial hearings as court reporter;
- Assisted judges with pretrial and post-trial administrative matters.
- Quickly and accurately produced trial and other legal transcripts.
- Advised and mentored 70 other court reporters on professional and procedural issues.
- Selected to serve as reporter for high-visibility and time-sensitive investigations and documented crucial witness testimony for final report to the president of the US.
Education and certifications
Registered professional reporter (RPR)
Graduate: community school, Henderson