Creative cover letter
In competitive environment , it is important to differentiate yourself from rest and great cover letter will do that. When you heard for a job, before you respond always look at your cover letter. If its form letter, don’t send it. You can differentiate yourself through well- written, clear, concise cover letter. Your cover letter should attract the attention of the recruiters. Here are some of rules for writing good and creative cover letter…..
1) Adress your letter to the appropriate individual. Before send, confirm, person’s name, title of the job. if you are not able to get information , adress it to the ” Dear Hiring Manager”. don’t use “Sir or Madam”.
2) Always start strong with powerful paragraph and explain how you heard about the job position and why you are intrested for this job.
3) Next, you are going to describe your skills and experiences. You should touch on what you have done and what makes you such a dynamic candidate and right fit for the job.
In this paragraph you can also explain something unusual. For example gaps in your career or lage number of moves in very short time period. You can also give your volunteer experience here that will be helpful for the job.
4) Put yourself in the position of recruiter and then prepare your cover letter. Your letter should be clear and direct with good sentence. Mistakes will give negative impressions . Try to write how much you know about the organisation. If someone refers you begin your letter with that.
5) Don’t complain about your present position if you are unemployed. Never offer salary requirements. If salary is requestwd in an Ad, then you will be comfortable with a competitive salary for the position.
6) Your cover letter should be good. There should be enough space so that letters doesnot look crowded.
7) Always close your letter by outlining your next steps and ask them them that you will contact them to follow up.
Article publié pour la première fois le 28/09/2016
Writing the best speculative cover letter
A well written speculative cover letter can give you the job even before the proper general interview. This is because you are always seen as the most serious person. That you are really in love with the firm and because of this will make extra efforts to produce results. So you would not scuttle these chances by throwing in a very badly written speculative cover letter.
This is a letter you write to a firm that you really want to work with even when they have not advertised any vacancy. When you are writing a speculative cover letter, you are telling them that you will like to work with them and that they should consider you whenever the job comes out. It should be precise and straight to the point with about 3 or 4 paragraphs. Don’t be ambiguous about anything. Research well about the company and write in compliance with the values of the company. Keep the speculative cover letter creative or conservative depending on what the firm is about.
Avoid addressing the letter without specific names. Go and research the name of the person to read your letter and address the letter directly. You have to write out those skills you posses that are very relevant to the job you are applying for and that will benefit the company. You should be very assertive in what you write. Be very confident tell them why and how they will need you. But avoid bragging about anything.
Let them know what attracts you to the firm, what you are doing currently, your qualifications and what you are specifically looking for. Also make yourself so marketable by letting them know you can do many tasks. Proof read the speculative cover letter well, and if you are emailing it, write with good fonts that are readable. End the letter with what you expect from them and normally sign off with “Yours sincerely” and your name.
Article publié pour la première fois le 24/03/2012