Asbestos waste disposal sites
These are the dedicated locations for disposal of asbestos.Homeowners and asbestos contractors must dispose of waste asbestos materials properly. This is considered as solid waste.Solid waste regulations talks about packaging of asbestos for dis-posal and disposal criteria for landfills. It is required for landfill opertaors to handle asbestos waste in specific manner in asbestos waste disposal sites.
Non-friable asbestos is accepted for disposal by many land-fills as long as the landfill operator is contacted for approval prior to disposal. Friable asbestos can be disposed to dedicated and authrozied asbestos waste disposal sites
Some points to note while planning asbestos waste disposal :
- Asbestos should be handled by a certified asbestos abatement contractor.
- Slightly damaged or loose asbestos can be re-wrapped rather than removed.
- Avoid dusting, sweeping or vacuuming particles suspected of containing asbestos.
- Asbestos containing materials should never be disposed of in a combustion facility or compacted because fibers may be released to the surrounding area.
Regulations for asbestos disposal sites:
There are many state and federal regulations for asbestos disposal sites:
- asbestos waste disposal sites should be properly covered
- asbestos waste disposal sites should be properly maintained
- Only licensed/qualified persons should work in site.
Article publié pour la première fois le 22/07/2013