How to do Simple SEO?
SEO is the process of optimizing your website to increase the traffic and SEM is the process of getting traffic from PPC, CPC. The difference between the two terms is that SEO is the long term solution along with the long lasting results where as SEM provides the results faster as pay for the service. Investing in SEO is profitable because it could reduce your costs by provide your web site with free traffic from organic searches.
Basically two techniques are used in SEO namely Black Hat and White Hat techniques. Black hat techniques includes many components like hidden text, links in the footer, use of CSS styles. White hat techniques focus on the “how to provide value to the web”.
Some of the useful tips on doing simple seo are listed below:
- The first thing to be done in Simple SEO is to analyze the website. It involves analyzing the basic things of a web site like internal linking, basic SEO rules for pages, anchor text, file name, image alt property, sub headings, title for the menu pages etc.
- The second step involves the keyword research. If you want to make your content fresh on web site then it should be based on a list of keywords. Moreover, this list should also contain information about the monthly search volume and competition.
- After doing the keyword research we must check its relevancy. For example, if your blog is about jobs then it doesn’t necessary means that the keyword “state jobs” is relevant.
- The next step is to find out the content for the searched keywords. Once you have your keyword list you have to know how to use it in content and how to link between articles.
- The next step is to provide many links as possible. By providing proper linking, it ensures a complete indexing of your web site by search engine and moreover you can also push forward your content.
- Competition Ranking is the most important part of a simple seo. You have to know what your competition is doing, how they are targeting your keywords and why they’re ranking better.
- You should be fast enough to read reports and know how to interpret it, and how to make decisions based on that report.
- You can also use various tools like Google Alerts, Google Keyword External Tool etc. These tools will help you to pick up the best keywords and stay ahead of the competition by knowing the rising trends.