In competitive environment , it is important to differentiate yourself from rest and great cover letter will do that. When you heard for a job, before you respond always look at your cover letter. If its form letter, don’t send it. You can differentiate yourself through well- written, clear, concise cover letter. Your cover letter should attract the attention of the recruiters. Here are some of rules for writing good and creative cover letter…..
1) Adress your letter to the appropriate individual. Before send, confirm, person’s name, title of the job. if you are not able to get information , adress it to the ” Dear Hiring Manager”. don’t use “Sir or Madam”.
2) Always start strong with powerful paragraph and explain how you heard about the job position and why you are intrested for this job.
3) Next, you are going to describe your skills and experiences. You should touch on what you have done and what makes you such a dynamic candidate and right fit for the job.
4) Put yourself in the position of recruiter and then prepare your cover letter. Your letter should be clear and direct with good sentence. Mistakes will give negative impressions . Try to write how much you know about the organisation. If someone refers you begin your letter with that.
5) Don’t complain about your present position if you are unemployed. Never offer salary requirements. If salary is requestwd in an Ad, then you will be comfortable with a competitive salary for the position.
6) Your cover letter should be good. There should be enough space so that letters doesnot look crowded.
7) Always close your letter by outlining your next steps and ask them them that you will contact them to follow up.
Article publié pour la première fois le 28/09/2016