Google is no doubt the most popular search engine in the world. It’s popular because it seems to rank pages so accurately and quickly, time and time again. It also updates its algorithms periodically so that it is up to date with latest trends.
Google has almost 90% of market share in terms of search engines and that’s why all companies mainly focus on Google positions for their website.
Why Google Position matters ?
I ran a small campaign for one of my website and for marketing I used below strategies
- Bulk Email Marketing
- Social Media (Facebook , twitter , LinkedIn)
- Radio Advertisements
- Cold Calls
- Free Classifieds (craigslist)
This is the result I have got:
*Bulk Email Marketing ( 3 people responded after sending 5000 emails . 1 converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $500 )
*SEO ( 24 people came to website , out of which 23 were referred by Google and 1 by Yahoo. 5 converted to customers. Campaign Cost : $400 )
*Social Media [Facebook , twitter , linkedIn] ( 87 people came to website , out of which none was converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $400 )
*Radio Advertisements ( 7 people came to website , out of which none was converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $1000 )
*Flyers ( 9 people came to website , out of which 1 was converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $200 )
*Cold Calls ( 28 people came to website , out of which 1 was converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $650 )
*Free Classifieds [craigslist] ( 34 people came to website , out of which 1 was converted to customer.Campaign Cost : $180 )
So definitely Google SEO was the most productive strategy for my campaign that time.
How to increase Google position of your website?
Getting a good Google position is really important .It is not that easy and you will not see results in just few days. It generally takes 2-3 months for getting good ranking for keywords. You have to pay initially for getting the rank but once it is ranked, then you can enjoy for some time and you just need to maintain your position at that time.
Some important steps for having a Good Google Position:
1. Content : Content is the main key. Make sure that you have a quality content and try to avoid duplicate stuff. Try to add more content related to topic and make sure the topic helps both users and search engines.
2. Back Links : You need thousands of backlinks here. People say that you need to focus on quality backlinks and not on quantity. However as per my experience and my research , I believe we need both. You just make sure that links are not coming from banned websites. Low quality links, having no page rank or no traffic can also be vital if you anchor it with your keywords
Questions received last week:
Hi Vinay, I am in good Google ranking for many keywords. Now , I want to redesigned my website and I am just afraid that my Google ranking will go away. Can you please let me know if I have to take any additional steps.regards
Hello Linda ,
You may see a little shift , may be good or bad as you are changing your website. However please make sure that you consider below points so that you maintain your Google Positions.
- Keep your Title tag unchanged.
- Use 301 to all redirects.
- Try not to change your url structure.
- If you are adding images, then add alt tags, and also try to manage or keep same quality content
Article publié pour la première fois le 24/10/2010None found.