Causes Of Jaundice During Pregnancy
When a pregnant woman has jaundice, there are often a few underlying reasons why this is occurring. Among these are the following:
- Acute fatty liver of pregnancy that occurs during the second trimester, which is fatal if left undiagnosed and untreated.
- Viral hepatitis causes the inflammation of the person’s liver. It can be caused by different kinds of viruses that bring about the different types of hepatitis.
- Choledocholithiasis is a problem that is caused by gallstones in the person’s bile duct.
- HELLP Syndrome is a rare but very dangerously fatal condition is associated with pre-eclampsia.
What to Do to Avoid and Cure Jaundice During Pregnancy
- Get yourself vaccinated for hepatitis before you get yourself pregnant.
- Pregnant women with jaundice should avoid fatty food and other sources like butter, lard, and other similar fatty substances.
A liquid diet consists mostly of fruit juices, vegetable soups and protein shakes. Rest is also an important part of being on the liquid diet. Pregnant women who have been diagnosed with jaundice are advised to sleep as much as they can throughout the day. Sleep helps in the development of the baby. Pressure and stress should be avoided as much as possible. Yoga and meditation can help immensely. Always speak to your doctor before making drastic changes to your diet and exercise routine, especially during pregnancy
- Avoid spicy foods, too much sweets, pickles, alcohol, coffee, and salted meats.
- Adequate care and precaution should be taken by pregnant women with jaundice to avoid foetal loss and worsening of the condition.
- Seek immediate attention once jaundice is evident.
Article publié pour la première fois le 08/08/2012