Common phrases or words that could ruin your resume or CV
There are so many ways to make a good resume and we may be wonder as which aspect of our CV make good impact. We have mainly 30 seconds to impress the manager, could our CV be failing because it contain full of meaningless phrases or words that put bad impact on our career history. Lets kick some of the phrases;
1) I have strong work experience- Avoid using this phrase on your CV. Give an example, whenever you got chance to work late in office to meet the demand or going out of your way to get the sale for the company.
2) I’m self motivated- by self motivated, what you are going to explain that you are motivated enough to get up from bed early morning and day’s work. Avoid such type of phrases on your resume.
3) I’m team player- try to avoid , the phrase itself if you can. If you are team player that’s fine but never try to mention that I am team player , who works very well in this group.
4) I’m detail oriented-It won’t work if you assume it as one of your skill on your resume , don’t expect much.
5) I have great communication skills- some of users put this as a piece of terminology in their CV without any real thought of what it means . If you are eagerly to wrote then try to wrote “ I have skills to wrote documents which reduced customers service call by 50 %”
6) I’m hard worker- with such type of phrases on your resume or CV, never expect to see your CV into “ YES “ pile. In spite of writing this always try to make why people consider yourself to be hard working people.
7) I’m responsible for- never make use of such words on your CV . always use numbers to quantify your achievements. For example always written as I achieved 92 % of my sale target rather than I was responsible for achieving sale targets
8) Utilized my skills- of course who else skills would we be using? It’s wiser to use direct language on your CV.
9) Problem solving skill- never make use of such type of phrases. Rather than you can explain it by giving examples in your career, other than it will irritates the recruiter that who else has problem solving.
10) Salary negotiable- if you are going to write such line on your resume that means you waste your time, it looks as you have run out of things to talk about,
if you are going to write this line, that would be somewhat usual.
11) Experience working in- experience refers to something you achieve, it does
Not means something that happens to you , try to refer your achievements.
12) “Objective”- if you want to get job you have applied for, the word “ resume
objective” is replaced by “ career summary”.
13) I like fast paced environment- today’s time all business should be running at
good speed, don’t try to make use of such words or phrases just a waste of
Space on your CV.
14) Reference or request- Recruiters will ask for reference before take you on for
The job. It may be pointless to put it on your resume.