Make Quality Career Choices
In most cases, a lot of college students and several other people, despite their years of experience hurriedly or blindly choose just any career. They usually fail to closely examine their personal impressions and knowledge relating to a specific career. As a matter of fact, they are fond of relying on another person’s attitude in one career and thereby fail to actually confirm the actual truth before making career choices. Unfortunately, career planning and their choices are usually arrive at without wide consultation and research of alternatives. The fact remains that a limited view tends to lead to narrow decision making.
In addition, career misconceptions are here and there but it is advisable that every single assumption must be thoroughly tested and objectively looked into base on the available facts and figures of the job. It is highly risky to let non verifiable information be the foundation for making a career choice. In the long run, you may find yourself uninteresting and unfulfilled which is a recipe for disaster.
In addition, many people have left work aspiration as a result of wrong information about the career in question. They merely base their decision on monetary aspect with cross examining what you have been told. This has make so many individuals to lose sight of their suitably dream job. Hence, the following could be helpful to critically examine your career choice before coming up with quality decisions:
– Put all your assumption under cross examination. It is possibly that you do not have enough information necessary to complement those comments from friend and family. Go for wide research to understand every detail about your career choices. Again, do not fix your mind or be too rigid while searching because you are likely to come across many more exciting prospects.
– Do not obtain your fact from just one source. In case you are still in school, try to consult your professor or counselor. In addition, explore the internet for more relevant information. Look for anyone who is already in your dream field and fix a short interview with him or her through phone. It may also necessary that you attend job fairs and seek audience with recruiters. Ensure that you follow up on those resources that you have been able to identify in your search.
– Analyze your career information very critiedly. Do not be emotional or bias as you are considering your research. You may be surprised that your initial thoughts are relevant as you embark on search. Be careful about the origin and competence of where you are getting your career choice information.
– Do not hesitate to try out your career ideas. Supposing you are still in school, you may try to seek for internship in your dreamed field. Better still; you may opt for a part-time job to have practical experience of what it takes.
Finally, you are advised never to make your career choices purely on sentiment or hearsay facts. This is the only way you can find a fulfilled career.
Article publié pour la première fois le 28/03/2012
Incoming search terms:
- it is necessary to look ahead to make the right career choice think about (4)
- It is necessary to look ahead to make the right career choice Answer the following question (1)